2021 Crandon Ultra4 World Championships
General Schedule: **
Wednesday, Sept. 1st
Camp Crandon & Pit gates open
Thursday, Sept. 2nd
- 7:00 AM Tech Inspection – Registration
- 8:00 AM Mandatory Drivers/Spotter’s Meeting
- 10 – 11:00 AM Ultra4 Practice Session 1 (all classes)
- 1 – 2:00 PM Ultra4 Practice Session 2 (all classes)
- 4:30 – 5:30PM Ultra 4 Practice Session 3 (all classes)
Friday, Sept. 3rd
- 8:30 AM Race teams assemble for escort to Crandon Parade
- 9:00 PM Escort to downtown Crandon
- 9 – 12:00 Downtown Crandon race car show
- Noon Lucas Oil Labor Day Parade
- 2:40 PM Ultra4 SxS
- 3:10 PM Ultra4 EMC
Saturday, Sept. 4th RIGID Ultra4 Rage on the Rocks
- 7:15 PM Ultra4 SxS
- 7:55 PM Ultra4 EMC
- 8:45 PM Ultra4 4400 Class
Sunday, Sept. 5th (6th annual Red Bull Crandon World Cup)
- 7:00 AM Chapel Service
- 8:00 AM Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
- 2:00 PM Crandon Ultra4 4400 World Championship (10 laps)
- 7-10 PM Lucas Oil World Cup Racer Party
(** subject to change)
Lucas Oil Barn
- All Crandon Ultra4 World Championship racers and teams must adhere to the general pit and track regulations as outlined in the “RACER” tab section found on www.crandonoffroad.com.
- All Crandon Ultra4 World Championship teams must pit within the designated new Ultra4 grass pit area. Pit reservations can be made online by visiting www.crandonoffroad.com starting Friday, August 13th.
- Grass camping/pitting in the designated Ultra4 racer area will be subject to the same fee of $50.00 per site as other Crandon racers, with each weekend wristbands available for $45.00 per person in advance ($70.00 at the door). Each race team will receive a weekend wristband for driver and co-driver at no cost. Racers can purchase wristbands in advance as part of their pit space reservations.
- All Crandon Ultra4 race teams are invited to participate in all weekend related events including the Lucas Oil Parade, concerts and the Sunday night Lucas Oil World Cup Racer party.
- All costs associated with racing at Crandon (transponders, safety equipment, USAC licenses) are to be paid by each team.
- Prizes/Purse: Racers will complete for their standard Ultra4 purse package. In addition, winners of their second races (SxS and EMC on Saturday, 4400 on Sunday) will earn coveted Crandon World Championship rings. For the Sunday Red Bull World Cup 4400 race an additional cash purse will be posted by Crandon International Raceway.
- Livestreaming and Television: All of the Crandon Ultra4 class races will be seen around the world via our top-tier livestreaming production, which will be streamed on various platforms such as Livestream, RACER.com, Speed Sport and MAVTV Plus.
- Big news! Sunday’s Ultra4/4400 World Championship race will also be broadcast with the Class 11 class as part of a one-hour package airing on the MAVTV cable network.
Race Regulations (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS THESE WILL BE FULLY ENFORCED!)
- All Ultra4 vehicles must adhere to the current Ultra4 safety and rules package.
- Crandon International Raceway will not be responsible for any rules or safety enforcement.
- All Ultra4 race teams must be prepared for night racing with off-road lights and rear-facing dust lights. Colored LED flag whips are allowed.
- All teams must provide at one (1) spotter for safety during each on-track session.
- All cars must be equipped with a properly installed race radio and driver to co-driver intercom.
Helpful Tips for Racing In Crandon:
- Be prepared for all types of weather. This isn’t the west coast or Baja. Warm weather, cloudy, cold and heavy rain can all happen in one day. Prepare your teams in terms of proper clothing, and also your cars and race equipment accordingly. The dirt here at Crandon is awesome but also was a good amount of clay in it. Bring plenty of tear-offs etc. We do have a big concrete wash station on site.
- As hard as we try to stay on schedule and get all our racers the promised track time, weather can play a huge big factor in the weekend. Track officials and the Champ Off-Road/Ultra4 series management are sticklers for being right on time if the weather permits. Please stay as flexible as possible in terms of the weekend’s timing.
- Crandon fans are epic and enthusiastic. They want to see the cars, meet the drivers and get autographs and stickers. Just be prepared for this kind of reception.
- Lodging: The best places to find lodging if you are not camping (which we highly recommend to get the full Crandon experience) is to find an AirBnB, or look at some towns closeby in Rhinelander, Antigo or Three Lakes/ Eagle River.
- Flights: Please explore flights into Green Bay, Appleton, Wausau or even Rhinelander. Every drive through these areas are beautiful.