2022 CRANDON RACER INFORMATION
2022 RACER REGULATIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS THESE WILL BE FULLY ENFORCED!
For 2022, it is important for all our race teams to realize that substantial changes will be instituted this season to improve safety and professionalism for our racers and fans.
Our recent announcement about the purchase of Crandon International Raceway by Cliff Flannery (and the newly formed Crandon Motorsports LLC), coupled with the pressures of growing race weekends have resulted in our management updating regulations for this season that begin with June’s Forest County Potawatomi Brush Run event,
As is Crandon tradition, we welcome one and all! However, we are also very concerned about the safety of our fans, crew members and other guests. To provide a safer and more professional show at Crandon, we ask that you and your team review all the following regulations for 2022.
General Pit Regulations:
- Lifetime pit locations established by the previous Crandon International Off-Road Raceway club cannot be honored under the new Crandon Motorsports LLC ownership group. While we will do our best to continue providing our longtime Pro race teams their traditional locations, the overall pit layout will be updated in time for June’s FCP Brush Run weekend.
- The overall asphalt Pro pit locations, along with access to and from the Crandon staging and Lucas Oil Tech Shed will change for the 2022 racing season due to safety and insurance concerns.
- Access to competitor pit locations (grass and asphalt) will be official open at 12:00 pm (noon) on date of Camp Crandon gate openings prior to each event. No exceptions.
- All race team support vehicles (trailers, RV, haulers etc.) must be moved off the Crandon Racer or Pro Pit areas no later than Monday at 12:00pm noon prior to each race weekend. No exceptions. Teams may park their equipment in the Crandon Day Parking lot for the duration of that week until Pit access is allowed.
- All Pro asphalt pits must be utilized as an active service/support area and not for team equipment/camping storage. Failure to utilize pit spaces in the appropriate manner will result in all vehicles being towed at the owner’s expense and forfeiture of pit space reservations for all 2022 and 2023 race seasons.
- Absolutely no pets or animals are allowed in any spectator area. Pets and animals must be tied, caged, or otherwise secured in the pit and camping areas and must be always supervised.
- Race teams are only allowed to sell driver/team merchandise out of their pit spots only. No Crandon event or sponsorship merchandise is allowed at any time.
- Excessively loud music is not allowed! Quiet time in all pits and campsites is from midnight to 6:00 am.
- No non-sanctioned testing of race vehicles is allowed within any area of Crandon International property.
- Race teams must remove all used tires and body panels before event departure. Those failing to do so are subject to a $250 fine and forfeiture of team’s designated pit reservation for 2023 season.
- No pressure washing is allowed in any Pro pit area! All vehicles must use the new Champion Power Wash Station located near entrance to Crandon Off-Road Park (follow signage). The old pressure washing location has been removed from service.
- Absolutely no private drones of any kind are allowed to be flown at any time.
- Operating any device that makes unnecessary noise is prohibited.
- Please place all garbage in the containers provided at each campsite. Keep your area clean!
- Bonfires and digging of fire pits are not allowed. Cooking fires are allowed but must be controlled and no larger in diameter than a burn barrel.
- Please do not throw bottles, cans, furniture, or other foreign objects into your campfire. Fires are never to be left unattended at any time!
- Fireworks of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- Racer grass pits/camps are to be set-up in assigned campsites only. Each campsite will be laid out and identified with campsite markers placed on the EAST (trackside) corner of each site. Set up your campsite to the WEST of the marker.
- Security personnel or law enforcement will remove violators of the above rules, regulations, or local laws from the facility. In addition, entry wristbands will be confiscated. Once guests in violation of the above rules are ejected, they cannot return. Absolutely no refunds will be granted to anyone ejected from the premises. There are NO exceptions.
- Absolutely no scissor or boom lifts are allowed on site at any time!
Team Support Vehicles:
- All spotters must use the hot pit lane to access the FCP Turn 1 spotter’s area. All spotter’s vehicles must park at the base of the spotter’s stand. No vehicles will be allowed in the pit areas or along the pit fence and are subject to immediate impounding or towing. All spotter’s vehicles must be moved after each spotter’s race responsibilities are over as space and access are very limited.
- Race teams will be allowed a maximum of two vehicles (golf carts, ATVs, UTVs or scooters) in their pits. Absolutely none of these vehicles are allowed in spectator areas or spectator camping! Operators must be 16 or older to operate any of these vehicles. No exceptions.
- Failure to adhere to any of the above regulations will result in all support vehicles being impounded by Crandon security until immediately after the last race on Sunday. Excessive abuse of these rules may result in a $250 fine to release vehicle from impound area.
- PRO Race teams will only be allowed one hospitality camper inside black top pits all others must park off the black top. One vehicle per site is allowed per pit ONLY. All additional (cars and trucks) must park in Crandon’s Day Parking area (only a $10.00 per race day cost).
- All support and pit vehicles must fit completely in your pit space. No vehicle may block access or fire roads in any manner. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in immediate towing at owner’s expense.
Asphalt Pro Pit Regulations:
- All body panels must be cleaned in large farm-style containers only! No mud or dirt can intentionally be dumped on asphalt areas in pits or in fire/access lanes until after the event.
- All trailer trailers and primary pit trailers must be parked parallel to each pit’s designated lines. No parking of these vehicles can be done in a diagonal manner. All teams violating this rule will be required to correct this violation even after awnings and other pit materials are in place.
- As stated above, Crandon will no longer honor lifetime parking spots in the Pro pits. All spots will be evaluated after the requests are sent into the office. Not all requests can/will be guaranteed a spot.